Free hot yoga class to support our community
FREE HOT YOGA DONATION CLASS HAPPENS EVERY FRIDAY, 6 PM – 7 PM @ MODERN YOGA
Show up & Give back!
About our free hot yoga class
This fun, all-level free hot power yoga class is dedicated to a different organization every week and provides a space and opportunity for Modern Yoga students to socialize and connect. The class happens on Fridays, from 6 PM-7 PM. A$10 donation is requested (but never required) to help support a worthy local cause!
Modern Yoga collects the donations and directly gives them to the featured weekly charity.
Please reserve your spot online and arrive 10 minutes before class starts to claim your space.
Show up & give back!
Since Modern Yoga launched “free hot yoga” in 2016, they’ve collected over $34,000.
The support for the weekly “Free Hot Yoga” has been tremendous in the community! Join modern Yoga this week as we support another great cause!
A message from Joyce
“How it all started – A fellow Yoga Instructor inspired us in a discussion about Seva. Seva is a Sanskrit word that means selfless service: work done to enhance the community without any thought of compensation, in other words, giving without receiving. James and Joyce decided that Friday night would be an excellent time for this class. We guessed attendance would fluctuate by week, and we would raise a little bit of money for local fundraisers and charities by suggesting a $5-$10 donation.
Have you ever been wrong in a really good way?
Donations Made since 2016
Since May of 2016, we have collected and given back over $34,000 in one of our most popular, most attended classes. We have met many wonderful people who had never stepped on a yoga mat before but gave it a try and now practice yoga regularly. We have had the honor of accepting deep gratitude from individuals and organizations of all sizes for supporting their cause. It has been an incredibly humbling experience since all we did was open our doors, collect your donation, and write a check.
We feel proud, and so should you. Thank you for showing up and giving back.”
Joyce, Co-Owner Modern Yoga
- Friday, January 07, 2022 – Metro Aamoth Family Pediatric Wellness Center
- Friday, January 14, 2022 – Strongsville Food Bank
- Friday, January 21, 2022 – Strongsville HS Girls Cross Country Team
- Friday, January 28, 2022 – Strongsville UMC Blue Bus
- Friday, February 04, 2022 – Women’s Recovery Center
- Friday, February 11, 2022 – Cleveland Pregnancy Center
- Friday, February 18, 2022 – Heros Fund, Cleveland Police Foundation; In memory of Shane Bartek
- Friday, February 25, 2022 – Strongsville HS Boys Cross Country Team
- Friday, March 04, 2022: Modern Yoga Softball
- Friday, March 11, 2022: City Mission
- Friday, March 18, 2022: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society-Mackenzie Schulz
- Friday, March 25, 2022: UNICEF Ukraine
- Friday, April 1, 2022: UNICEF Ukraine
- Friday, April 08, 2022 Ohio Guidestone-Promise Run
- Friday, April 15, 2022 Women’s Recovery Center
- Friday, April 22, 2022 Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity
- Friday, April 29, 2022 HelpcureHD
- Friday, May 06, 2022 CAL Foundation
- Friday, May 13, 2022 CAL Foundation
- Friday, May 20, 2022 Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity
- Friday, May 27, 2022 The Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio
- Friday, June 03, 2022 The Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio
- Friday, June 10, 2022 Center for Arts Inspired Learning
- Friday, June 17, 2022 Whispering Acres
- Friday, June 24, 2022 Whispering Acres
- Friday, July 01, 2022 Modern Yoga Softball
- Friday, July 08, 2022 Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity
- Friday, July 15, 2022 Amyloidosis Research in memory of Mike Kappel
- Friday, July 22, 2022 Whispering Acres
- Friday, July 29, 2022 Deeply Rooted Project
- Friday, August 05, 2022 Amyloidosis Research in memory of Mike Kappel
- Friday, August 12, 2022 The Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio
- Friday, August 19, 2022 Stearns Homestead
- Friday, August 26, 2022 The Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio
- Friday, September 02, 2022 Stearns Homestead
- Friday, September 09, 2022 Women’s Recovery Center
- Friday, September 16, 2022 Helpcure HD
- Friday, October 22, 2021: Trinity Rose Foundation
- Friday, October 29, 2021 Medina Weekday Preschool
- Friday, November 05, 2021 Rise in Love
- Friday, November 12, 2021 Trinity Rose Foundation
- Friday, November 19, 2021 Strongsville HS Gymastics Team
- Friday, November 26, 2021 Modern Yoga Softball
- Friday, December 03, 2021 Metro Child Life & Education
- Friday, December 10, 2021 #WePlayfor3-Ally Sidloski Memorial Fund
Friday, December 17, 2021 Modern Yoga Softball
Do you have a local charity or fundraiser you would like to nominate for a class? Let us know next time you are at our studio or drop us an email!
WORKSHOPS & SPECIAL EVENTS
Learn more about the current and past workshops and special events happening at Modern Yoga
NEW CLIENT SPECIAL
30 Days Unlimited Yoga for $39!
Invest in yourself today & learn yoga with us!
You don’t have to be flexible or own expensive leggings. Your presence and commitment are the essential part of your practice. Take any of our over 40 weekly studio classes!
We Love Beginners!
*New clients only, teacher training, digital classes & workshops excluded.
© Designed by James Joyce LLC Copyright 2022. All Rights Reserved.