Your Yoga Teacher Training Journey Starts Today
Modern Yoga is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance based in Cleveland, Ohio. Students who enroll in our 200-hour yoga teacher training are welcome to register with Yoga Alliance as an RYT-200 teacher upon successful completion.
An incredibly transformative experience
Modern Yoga 200-hour yoga teacher training provides an opportunity to enrich your yoga practice and understanding of yoga. Our curriculum will give you a robust foundation to deepen your passion for yoga and share it with others in a safe, effective, and inspiring way. Prepare to be wowed.
Find your voice as a teacher through our Hybrid in-studio and remote program & modular classes.
Our Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum
History & Philosophy
Modern Yoga – hybrid Teacher Training Program
- 40 hours online
- 160 hours classes
- 5 YTT classes per week focused on learning to teach yoga – that you can attend in-studio and online)
The learning and content component is delivered through our Training Portal via recordings, videos, and reading materials. In addition, you will self-study and deliver homework. We will provide feedback on your assignment and organize a video conferencing once a week.
Local: Contact hours with certified trainers James and Joyce at our studio in Cleveland, Ohio.
Remote: You can take the full training online with us, attend live sessions online and still have the opportunity to discuss and learn with your classmate.
Read what our students are saying
The Teacher Training experience at modern yoga was great! I have learned a tremendous amount about yogic philosophy and practical teaching methodology while enrolled in the program. I would highly recommend Modern Yoga as a teaching school to anyone interested in deepening their practice.
My experience with Modern Yoga’s RYT 200 training program was excellent. The instructors are truly invested in every students journey and do their best to tailor the schedule around our busy lives. The principles, safety, anatomy and philosophy were all relayed very clearly. With my completion of this program, I feel confident in my new role as a yoga teacher.
I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to learn ay Modern Yoga. It’s been one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. I feel very prepared to teach yoga to anyone. I would recommend Modern Yoga Teacher Training to anyone.
My experience with Modern Yoga was extremely insightful. My teachers were very open and accepting, and they helped us develop our own style of teaching.
Modern Yoga offers a phenomenal program that meets the needs of a busy schedule and balance. I chose them because of their modular approach. The environment is so welcoming and they meet every student where they are. I’d definitely recommend to both beginners and seasoned students who are looking to complete YTT.
Learn from experienced teachers
James & Joyce certified from yoga schools: Live Love Teach in Rhode Island & the Yoga Project in Fort Worth. They both are registered teachers with the Yoga Alliance and are ERYT-200. They have taught a combined total of over 10,000 teaching hours.
Lead Yoga Instructors
James & Joyce Atherton, E-RYT, YACEP & Owners at Modern Yoga
“Come for the Workout, Stay for the Yoga!“ isn’t just the studio slogan, but also the way yoga snuck into their lives.
They started practicing yoga as a complementary form of exercise and soon experienced its benefits on their physical bodies.
After a few years of regular practice, they realized that the benefits of linking breath to the movements echoed to their mental and emotional well-being as well. Yoga started changing their life.
affordable payment options
Flexibility was key when we designed this program. Our payment plans make it easy for you to pay for your online yoga teacher training! Pay per module as you go, or save by paying in bulk! No expiration dates or rigid schedules.
Purchase with confidence. Get started today!
Questions? Contact us. We are here for you
Read Our FAQ
How long do most students take to finish the training?
During the COVID-19 Pandemic all classes are online. You can finish your YTT course all online during this pandemic! Classes offered daily. Earn your YTT certification in as littel as a month!
Do yoga teacher training passes expire?
How often do you offer teacher training classes?
Everyday! Except some holidays! The beauty of our training is the flexibility. Our yoga teacher training is modular and enrollment is open – the ulitimate in flexiblility.
*Yoga Practice classes offered daily, Teach yoga classes offered 4-6 times a week, check our our schedule for details.
How does the modular class design and open enrollment work?
Our modular class design is made to make your yoga teacher training easy by combining open enrollment, a flexible schedule and affordable payment options. Join us and earn your RYT 200 (Registered Yoga Teacher) Certification with Modern Yoga.
Study at the pace that suits your life. You can complete your training in less than 4 months or stretch it out as long as you need.
How does it work? Our modular design is simple, giving your yoga teacher training the ultimate in flexibility!
- 40 Hours of online classes on Yoga Anatomy & Yoga Humanities.
- 160 hours of in person classroom training. This is further broken down into practice and teach yoga sections.
- Practice Yoga section(limb) includes 70 hours of in person yoga classes at Modern Yoga. Classes offered daily.
- Teach Yoga section (limb) incudes 90 hours of in person classes at Modern Yoga. These classes are offered in 2 hour modules and include practice teaching, discussion groups, A&P workshops, lectures, special classes, group outings & speakers. Classes offered 4-6 times per week, weekdays and weekend classes available.
What is your refund policy?
How do I sign up?
Choose the payment package that best works for you! We will send you a confirmation email within 24 hours.
Have more questions? Contact us
I'm new to Yoga - can I do Teacher Training?
How old do I need to be to participate in Teacher Training?
All participants must be 13 years or older. If you are a student under the age of 18, you can enroll in Teacher Training with consent and a signed waiver from your legal guardian.
What is Yoga Alliance and why does it matter?
Yoga Alliance is the largest nonprofit association representing the yoga community. Their mission is to promote and support the integrity and diversity of the teaching of yoga. They do this through:
- Celebrating the diversity of yoga styles, traditions and lineages;
- Advocating for self-regulation in the yoga industry and universal access to safe yoga practices;
- Upholding the worldwide growth of yoga through education and community;
- Educating the public on the value and credibility of voluntary registration with Yoga Alliance;
- Encouraging safe yoga instruction by promoting adoption of Yoga Alliance’s quantitative Standards;
- Inspiring members to foster an informal yoga community by providing fair and full feedback to Registered Yoga Schools, which fosters accountability and continual improvement;
- Advocating to protect the yoga community from unfair or unnecessarily burdensome patents, taxation or government regulation;
- Guiding yoga teachers and schools in achieving success with conscious and effective business practices; and
- Serving the member community by supporting scholarship programs, providing benefits, and developing strategic alliances.
Currently, they have over 90,400 Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®) and more than 6,200 Registered Yoga Schools (RYS®).